Chemical Composition Test

Yesterday we had a test over chemical composition. It was mainly a math based test. The different kinds of problems that were covered included converting from mass to atoms, atoms to moles, and finding the amount of water in a compound. It wasn't a very hard test even though I might just be doing the problems completely wrong and I just don't know. At least I think I know how to do it. This might have been a quiz and we still have more of this unit to learn.

Since I'm on the subject of compounds, I thought I'd add a cool link about some toxic compounds here. I'm sure we won't be using any of these chemicals in lab, but make sure to steer clear of them. I won't be very seeing if Bactrachotoxin is actually deadly (which it is)!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batrachotoxin

I thought the part of this unit that talked about hydrated particles very interesting. 

Check out the link under the photo for an excellent example of water and energy exchange in compounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment