Measurement Test

We had our measurement exam. The test went over pretty well, even though there was a lot more long calculation problems on it than I anticipated. I believe I fixed problems that I had on the quiz. I'm still not looking forward to Significant Figures for the rest of the year, though. The one thing I noticed on the test was the question asking if atoms could be split. I of course said no for the sake of what we learned, but I do know it is possible to split an atom. I found an interesting article on scientists using quantum mechanics to split atoms. Quantum mechanics is the use of particle theory and physics to study the quantum (microscopic particle) world. Check it out here.

2 comments:

  1. Graeme, I agree that the majority of the test was fine, but those long dimensional analysis questions were what got to me. The quantum mechanics concept seems very interesting and I will be sure to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The long dimensional analysis made me run out of time for taking the test. I thought I did fine with test though even with running out of time.

    ReplyDelete